State Bank of India, with a glorious history of more than 200 years, stands as the proxy for the Indian Economy. The Bank’s strength over the decades, has stemmed from its strong employee centric approach, and its ability to attract and retain the best banking talent in the country.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
100 questions carrying 100 marks
1 hour time duration
The Questions are divided into 3 Sections: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English
As it is an aptitude test you are not required to mug up everything but you are required to know how to go about different type of questions in a manner which will not consume much time. The more you practice different type of question the less you will be stuck in the examination or may be you won’t at all.
We recommend you to scan the section in one go so before you start attempting you already know what all topics are in the section and pin down the questions which you are confident attempting. Attempt the easy ones like inequalities, direction sense first or the ones which will consume very less time. Also out of the 4-5 puzzles, there would be at least one easy puzzle scan that and attempt that first.
The Reasoning section will include these topics:
Direction Sense Test
The estimated cut off for the Reasoning section is 6-7.
Quantitative Aptitude Section
Quantitative Aptitude Section is a very scoring section and can be a real game changer if attempted with care. All that is required of you is precision while making your calculations and jotting the figures correct while solving to evade any miscalculation because time is the key to success.
The Quantitative Aptitude section will include these topics:
Simple Interest & Compound Interest
Time & Work
Time & Distance
Profit & Loss
Ratio and Proportion
The estimated cut off for the Quantitative Aptitude section is 8-9.
We recommend you to attempt the English section first of all the three sections. This section should not take more than 10-15 minutes. Para-jumbles and the Comprehension should be attempted last as it consumes substantially more time than the others.
The English section will include these topics:
Spotting the Error
Synonyms & Antonyms
Fill in the blanks
The estimated cut off for the English Language section is 8-9.
Examination CUT OFF
It is expected that Overall Cut-off of SBI PO Prelim 2016 Exam will range between 44 – 46.
Basic Tips to Attempt the examination
1. ALLOT SPECIFIC TIME: Allot specific time to each section while you prepare for the examination and stick to that time limit while preparing as well as in the actual exam.
Quantitative Aptitude: Tables, Squares, Cubes and important Formulas.
Reasoning: Practice all types of sets and other questions in a specific time frame before the actual exam so that you are not left wondering how to go about any question in the exam.
English: Antonyms, Synonyms, Meaning of words and Idioms & Phrases.
3. FIGURE OUT YOUR STRENGTH AREAS: Rehearse chapters which you feel comfortable with and have a good grasp at. Don’t start chapters which you are alien to. Last day of preparation and learning new topics will just give you anxiety, so do not take your books or notes to the examination centre.
4. SCAN THE SECTION BEFORE ATTEMPTING: Go through all the questions of the section which you attempt so that you have a brief of how much you can score in the section. It will help you in clearing sectional cut offs along with scoring decent marks to get through the next level i.e. Mains.
5. ATTEMPT THOSE QUESTIONS FIRST WHICH CONSUME LESSER TIME: You might know all the questions in the examination but it is preferred to attempt the ones which will take seconds to answer and you can also Flag such questions while scanning the section.
6. READ THE QUESTIONS CAREFULLY: Many a times in haste students misread the figures or read the question incomplete assuming the latter part. This approach is NOT correct at all. Misreading the figures and realising it when your answers don’t match the option, wastes a lot of time.
7. DO NOT SCRIBBLE IN ROUGH SHEETS: You should solve each question nice and clear so if in any case you would want to refer back for same calculations for Quant, DI or Reasoning, then you may easily do the needful without having to find it and waste time there.
8. BE PATIENT: You have prepared enough, now all you are required to do is take a deep breath and sit for the exam, the rest will follow.
We hope the tips provided will help you in scoring well in your SBI PO examination, 2016. Let us know how this helped you and how we can improve to serve you better.